The NC Chamber (“NC Chamber”, “we”, or “us”) respects the privacy of its members and other visitors to the website. The NC Chamber strongly believes that information provided to us online is used responsibly and appropriately. This policy describes the types of information we may collect from you or that you may provide when you use our mobile applications or visit our website http://www.coolestthingmadeinnc.com (collectively with the mobile applications, the “Website”) and our practices for collecting, using, maintaining, protecting and disclosing that information.
This policy applies to information we collect:
- On this Website.
- Through our subscriptions.
- In e-mail and through our electronic newsletters.
It does not apply to information collected by:
- us offline or through any other means not expressly stated in this policy, including on any other website operated by the NC Chamber or any third party (including our affiliates and subsidiaries); or
- any third party (including our affiliates and subsidiaries), including through any application or content (including advertising) that may link to or be accessible from or on the Website.
- Children Under the Age of 13
Our Website is not intended for children under 13 years of age. No one under age 13 may provide any information to or on Website. We do not knowingly collect personal information from children under 13. If you are under 13, do not use or provide any information on or through the Website or on or through any of their features, or provide any information about yourself to us, including your name, address, telephone number, e-mail address or user name you may use. If we learn we have collected or received personal information from a child under 13 without verification of parental consent, we will delete that information. If you believe we might have any information from or about a child under 13, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Information We Collect About You and How We Collect It
We may collect several types of information from and about users of our Website, including:
- Aggregate information from users browsing our website;
- Information from users interested in becoming members, for example, the name of the individual, his or her company name, email address, company phone number, and payment information; and
- Information about your internet connection, the equipment and devices you use to access our Website and usage details.
We may collect this information:
- directly from you when you provide it to us; and
- automatically as you navigate through the Website; and
- Information collected may include usage details, IP addresses and information collected through cookies, web beacons and other tracking technologies; and
- from third parties, for example, our payment processor.
- Information You Provide to Us
The information we collect on or through our Website may include:
- Information that you provide by filling in forms on our Website. This includes information provided at the time of subscribing to one of our services or requesting further services.
- Residential addresses, business names, business addresses, contact information for third parties that may include individuals’ names, phone numbers, addresses, email addresses, which some of this information may contain personal information.
- We may also ask you for information when you report a problem with our Website.
- Records and copies of your correspondence (including e-mail addresses), if you contact us.
- Your responses to surveys that we might ask you to complete for research purposes.
- You may elect to store a credit card on file, which the NC Chamber can charge when prompted by the user, but the NC Chamber does not have access to the card number and details, which are securely stored by a third-party payment processor.
- Information We Collect Through Automatic Data Collection Technologies
As you navigate through and interact with our Website, we may use automatic data collection technologies to collect certain information about your devices, data, equipment, browsing actions and patterns, including:
- Details of your visits to our Website, including traffic data, location data, logs and other communication data and the resources that you access and use on the Website;
- Information about your devices, computer and internet connection, including your IP address, operating system and browser type; and
- Information about the status of connected devices to our Website.
The technologies we use for this automatic data collection may include:
- Cookies (or browser cookies). A cookie is a small file placed on your device or computer that is used to enhance the user’s experience. When you register, the system will ask whether you if you would like your name and password to be remembered. This approves the attachment of a cookie so that you will remain logged into the website next time you visit. You may refuse to accept browser cookies by activating the appropriate setting on your browser. However, if you select this setting you will need to login each time you visit the site to enjoy full benefits, including member event pricing and content. Login information and information tracked by cookies is not provided to any third parties and only accessed by NC Chamber staff in the event a user needs their password reset.
- Flash Cookies. Certain features of our Website may use local stored objects (or Flash cookies) to collect and store information about your preferences and navigation to, from and on the Website. Flash cookies are not managed by the same browser settings as are used for browser cookies. For information about managing your privacy and security settings for Flash cookies, see Choices about How We Use and Disclose Your Information.
- Web Beacons. Pages of the Website and our e-mails may contain small electronic files known as web beacons (also referred to as clear gifs. pixel tags and single-pixel gifs) that permit NC Chamber for example, to count users who have visited those pages or opened an e-mail and for other related website statistics (for example, recording the popularity of certain website content and verifying system and server integrity).
We may tie this information to personal information about you that we collect from other sources or you provide to us.
We do not control these third parties’ tracking technologies or how they may be used. If you have any questions about an advertisement or other targeted content, you should contact the responsible provider directly. For information about how you can opt out of receiving targeted advertising from many providers, see Choices About How We Use and Disclose Your Information.
- How We Use Your Information
We use information voluntarily submitted by members, Website visitors and other customers in the following ways:
- To present the Website and its contents to you;
- To provide you with information, products or services that you request from us;
- To carry out our obligations and enforce our rights arising from any contracts entered into between you and us, including for billing and collection;
- To register event attendees;
- To better market the brand and its services;
- To notify you about changes to our Website or any products or services we offer or provide though it;
- To determine interests, needs, and preferences;
- In any other way we may describe when you provide the information; and
- For any other purpose with your consent.
- Disclosure of Your Information
The NC Chamber does not disclose individual information from NC Chamber Website visitors, but at times consults with a third party on best practices, which may require analysis of NC Chamber Website analytics in aggregate. The NC Chamber does not disclose or sell its lists of email subscribers to any third party. Exceptions to this policy are listed below.
- To our subsidiaries and affiliates;
- To contractors, service providers and other third parties we use to support our business;
- To a buyer or other successor in the event of a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution or other sale or transfer of some or all of NC Chamber’s assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation or similar proceeding, in which personal information held by NC Chambers about the Website users is among the assets transferred;
- To third parties to market their products or services to you if you have not opted out of these disclosures. For more information, see Choices About How We Use and Disclose Your Information;
- To fulfill the purpose for which you provide it;
- For any other purpose disclosed by us when you provide the information;
- With your consent.
We may also disclose your personal information:
- To comply with any court order, law or legal process, including to respond to any government or regulatory request;
- If we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property, or safety of NC Chamber, our customers or others.
- Choices About How We Use and Disclose Your Information
You may request that the NC Chamber refrain from disclosing the data it collects to any third party by sending an email to email@example.com.
The NC Chamber’s email newsletter and website may provide links to other websites. The NC Chambers has no control and is not responsible for the privacy policies or content of such sites. We do not control third parties’ collection or use of your information to serve interest-based advertising. However, these third parties may provide you with ways to choose not to have your information collected or used in this way. You can opt out of receiving targeted ads from members of the Network Advertising Initiative (“NAI”) on the NAI’s website.
- Accessing and Correcting Your Information
You may send us an e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org to request access to, correct or delete any personal information that you have provided to us. We may not accommodate a request to change information if we believe the change would violate any law or legal requirement or cause the information to be incorrect.
- Data Security
We have implemented measures designed to secure your personal information from accidental loss and from unauthorized access, use, alteration and disclosure. Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we strive to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of your personal information transmitted to the Website. Any transmission of personal information is at your own risk. We are not responsible for circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures contained on the Website.
- Contact Information